Firstly, let’s just ask ourselves why? Why would Graco give 3 different yet similar names to 3 pretty identical car seats? Quite honestly the only reason I can think of is to confuse us. There is no other explanation I can come up with, so let me know if you’ve got one. Now that that’s over let’s talk about what I’m going to refer to as the Graco 65s. They all go from 4 – 65 lbs, have similar safety features, and all go from rear to forward facing making them a convertible car seat. The difference between the 3 car seats really come down to color options and the fact that they were all produced for different companies like Buy Buy Baby or Walmart. Other than that, they are the same.
- Item Weight: 19.34 lbs
- Orientation: forward and rear facing
- Weight limits: 4 – 65 lbs
- Height limit: 50 in
- Harness: 5 point
What are the Pros of the Graco 65s – Fit4Me, MySize, and Size4Me?
- Weight and Height limits – The 40 lb rear facing limit is great, since its recommended kids stay rear facing until 2 years old, this means there’s space for the seat to grow with your child.
- Side-impact testing – meets all US safety standards in crash testing to keep children safe in the event of an accident.
- EPS, energy absorbing foam – absorbs crash energy to minimize force to the child.
- LATCH system – one second installation, definitely takes more than a second but not much making it easy to use.
- Machine washable – seat cushions are machine washable and all other parts can be cleaned with mild soap or a damp cloth. This a huge pro for me especially when looking for longevity in a seat and I think Graco does a good job in making “easy to clean” a priority.
- Removable head/body support – supports baby’s head and body for a more secure hold.
And the Cons?
- Difficult harness – some parents find difficulty adjusting the harness so that it fits snuggly especially in the rear facing position, it can be hard to reach.
How do consumers rate it?
The Graco convertible 65 lineup or Graco 65s, can you tell, I’m trying to get this term to catch on? They get 4.5 stars out of 5 from consumers. Complaints are typically low on this model and users like the value they get for money.
What’s it going to cost?
Having just mentioned money above let’s talk cost. As I said the main difference is that they come from different retailers and in different colors, personally I prefer the Size4Me as it has 6 color options including gender neutral whereas the others only have 2-3 options each. You can find each of the below at different retailers. The MSRP on these are $179.99, but as you can see below some companies are offering a discounted rate.
- Size4Me: on Amazon for $159.88
- Fit4Me: a Walmart exclusive for $159.88, however when I checked it was out of stock online but also mentioned it was available in store
- MySize: a Amazon exclusive for $357.99, available online and in store
The Bottom Line
The Graco 65s are good value for money at around $150-180, they provide protection and a number of years of use, as well as they have a built in dishwashable cup holder. If you were comparing these seats to each other, there’s no need, they’re the same. Just pick your color or the lowest price and go with it.